We went camping out on the desert in the bus with my family for Easter. We headed out Thursday after Trevor got off work. When we got there it was pretty cold and windy. We spent the evening hanging out in my Mom and Dad's trailer. Friday the weather was a lot better! We took the boys to go see some Indian writings and to the swinging bridge to let them playing in the water for a bit. When we got back to camp my Dad took Kellen and Karson on a four wheeler ride to go see some caves. Korbin went down for a nap and while he was napping Trev, Shalee, and I decided we would climb up to a cave the was right above our camp. It was pretty high and I am scared of heights and I am not very good at climbing. We made it up there and I was pretty proud of myself because I got a little scared a couple of times. It was a decent sized cave, it was pretty cool. There was a littler cave that was closer to camp that the kids like to play in. They would pretend they were wolves and would howl. The kids like digging and playing on the hills next to our camp as well. My brother Kyle is into repelling and climbing, he setup a place to repel next to our camp for anyone who wanted to do it. Kyle, Shalee, Davin, Dalen, Tiffany, and my Dad all repelled of the cliff. It was cool to watch them come down the cliff wall. I wanted to talk myself in to doing it so bad, but I know I would have freaked out, because I am scared of heights. It was awesome to watch Kyle repel down, because he has had so much experience doing it. Saturday the Easter bunny found us out in the Desert. He hid Kellen and Karson's baskets behind boulders and Korbin's on the fourwheeler. Later that day the kids rode in the back of Dalen's truck to the place where we hiked out to Black Box Canyon it was a pretty hike and I thought the canyon was awesome. It was kind of long for the kids, but it was neat. When we got back to camp my Mom did a fun Easter egg hunt for the kids. That night Shalee made her amazing cobblers and we sat around the fire and talked. Sunday morning Trev and I took the boys on a four wheeler ride to go see a cave. When we got back to camp a few of us went exploring a canyon by our camp. We than came back and listened to conference. By the afternoon there was a little wind and the kids flew kites. I love being out on the desert it is such a fun place to go to with the kids. There is so much to see out there. We didn't make it to all the places we wanted to, but we had a great time.
This is the view from the cave we climbed to...
No comments:
Post a Comment