I got a new calling as the Primary 2nd counselor. I love the women I get to serve with, they are such good examples to me. I have also love being with the children in the ward. I haven't had much experience with primary, but I am loving every second of it.
We had our first primary meeting as a presidency before we were actually called, just so Allison could give us a heads up of what goes on in primary. We met down at the church and we all had our kids with us and I was tending Hayes, so he came with. Allison had brought a little DVD player for the kids to watch a show and we let the kids play in the nursery while we were in the primary room having our meeting. Not to long into our meeting we hear the fire alarm go off...lights are flashing and the kids come running out of the nursery to find us. All of the except for Hayes.....who was still holding on to the fire alarm. We tried to turn the fire alarm off, but we couldn't, so we all went out side. Knowing the fire apartment had probably been notified we tried calling the City Hall to let them know everything was fine and the fire truck didn't need to come. They said they had no control of the Fire department. The next thing we know the City fire alarm is going off.... So Allison drives down to the fire station and told them everything was fine, but they were all ready to go and than turn their siren on and wearing full fire fighter attire as the pull up to the church....The fire fighters went in the church and still couldn't turn off the fire alarm. When they came out of the church we had to get a picture with the kids. We had people driving by asking if everything was ok...A man that is over the church buildings in the area then showed up and said that church head quarters had call him 6 times before he could get to the church. He was the man that was able to turn the alarm off. One of the most embarrassing moments in my life for sure...

No comments:
Post a Comment