Trevor, Heidi, Kellen, Karson, & Korbin

Trevor, Heidi, Kellen, Karson, & Korbin

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day weekend we were planning on going camping at the sand dunes with Ryan and Cassie family. Trevor came home from work early Friday to get ready to go camping, but we decided not to go, because the weather wasn't the greatest. We went up north that day instead and took the boys out to eat and than went bowling. Saturday Trevor and Grandpa Johnson took Kellen and Karson on a horse ride, they have been wanting to go for sometime and I am glad they finally got to go. Sunday we went out to Trevor's Grandpa Clair's grave. Kellen is so curious about death and what happens to people when they die. I have told him that our spirits go up to Heaven and our body stays in the ground. He than ask "What happens to our bodies in the ground?" and I told him "The bodies rot away." That whole day Kellen kept bring up that Dad's Grandpa's body was rotten. Kind of awkward, but I guess he is learning. Monday we went out to Yuba lake with Ryan and Cassie's family. For some reason in my head I thought we were going fishing, when we were actually going boating. The boys got in the water with their clothes on they had no problem with that. I had never been out there before, it's a pretty fun place to go evening if you were to hang out of the beach all day. I loved how sandy the beach was there, because I grew up going to some pretty rocky beaches in Emery County. The kids had fun running in the water and playing in the sand. Kellen and Trevor were the first ones to get one the tube. Kellen was excited until him and Trevor fell off the tube. He was terrified. He kept screaming "I am going to to drowned and die!" After that happened Ryan and Cassie talked Kaecee into getting on the tube and from then on nobody fell in the water and everyone got on the tube, we even talked Kellen into getting on again. Karson impressed me he was so brave, even after seeing his brother freak out in the water.









No comments:

Post a Comment