Trevor, Heidi, Kellen, Karson, & Korbin

Trevor, Heidi, Kellen, Karson, & Korbin

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Life


Trevor received a new calling after being in the primary for 6 years, his new calling is 2nd counselor in the Young Mens. He isn't too sure what he thinks of his calling, but I am excited for him. Trevor has a good heart and helping hands. He will do his best in whatever he is asked to do. He is a good example to me and I know he will be a good example to the boys in the Young Mens.

With Trevor being called in the Young Mens, I was released from Young Womens as a Laurel adviser. I have been in the Young Womens for 4 years and I have loved every minute of it. I have learned so much and have grown in my testimony from the example the girls are to me. I truly love the girls and the leaders I have served with. Other than being with my husband and boys from the time I moved over here 7 years ago being with the young women was the one place I could feel comfortable being myself and feel like I was excepted for who I am. The girls have always been so welcoming to me and have made me feel like I am a person worth while....for me that means a lot. I am glad that my new calling is teaching the 14 year old Sunday school class, so I can still see some of the girls every Sunday. The idea of going to Relief Society scares me.....grown women scare me.....I feel like they are always looking me up and down, trying to pick out everything that is wrong with me and than throwing it in my face. I get nervous talking to grown women, because I am always worried they are going to twist my words and than throw me under the bus any chance they get. I would much rather hide in a corner and not say a word......which is not me at all.....and I know this is something I need to over come, but I am just not quite sure how to do it yet. Growing up I was very comfortable being myself around anyone and everyone, I didn't care what others thought I was just me. I always tried to be a friend to everyone no matter who they were. I want to be that way again be comfortable with who I am and reach out to those around me and help them be comfortable being who they are. I saw a quote that said "Great things never came from comfort zones" and I know if I am truly going to change I need to step out of my comfort zone despite all my insecurities I have created over the years. I need to focus on what my Heavenly Father sees in me and not with others think of me, because focusing on who I truly am a daughter of God is all that really matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment