Trevor, Heidi, Kellen, Karson, & Korbin

Trevor, Heidi, Kellen, Karson, & Korbin

Monday, October 13, 2014

Red Rock Relay

Running has been something I enjoy, me, the road, and the scenery is bliss. It's a time I can release stress and have some me time. With three little busy boys I don't get to run all the much anymore, I workout in the morning before the boys wake up, but it doesn't compare to going on a run. The idea of racing has never been appealing to me, but when my sister-in-law Trina asked me to do a relay with her, I decided what the heck I will give it a go. We didn't have to pay to do the race or for our hotel and we got two free tee shirts, a metal, and a blanket for doing the race. The ladies on our team were so kind and were good to cheer us on when we ran our legs of the race. I got nervous before I ran my legs of the race, for me it was challenging to push myself to run faster than my comfortable pace. My first leg was 6.77 miles with gradual uphill and my second leg was 7.17 miles with insane uphill to the point I wanted to throw up and sit on a rock and wait for someone to come find me. Trina has ran a lot of races and has done few marathons, from doing the relay with her I can tell racing is her passion and that is awesome, because she is good at it. A lot of the people I met there were the same way, but there were also a lot of people there who didn't look like much of a runner and were still out there giving it their all and having fun. I am glad I did this relay it was a good experience for me. I am grateful for Trevor who was willing to watch the boys so I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment