Trevor, Heidi, Kellen, Karson, & Korbin

Trevor, Heidi, Kellen, Karson, & Korbin

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving

Kellen and Kaecee at their preschool Thanksgiving party. Love these two.
 After Kellen's preschool Tuesday the boys and I headed over to my Mom's house, Trevor came over Wednesday night after work. Thanksgiving day the boys went out trapshooting while us girls were getting the food ready. The food was great! After we ate us adults played some volleyball while the kids played in the primary room. After a few games of volleyball the kids came and got us adults for a "special program" they had been practicing while we were playing volleyball. The kids had put together a program for Grandma Scow, because Thanksgiving was also her Birthday. It was the cutest thing. They all sang Happy Birthday to my Mom, they also sang I am a child of God and than they all took turns saying something they loved about Grandma Scow, they even decorated the chalkboards for the program. We were all impressed that the kids could come up with such an amazing program, they had my Mom crying by the time they were done. After the program we ate some pie and us girls did our craft and the boys played board games.





 My Mom to this day has never had a fake Christmas tree. She insist on having a real tree, even when my Dad tries to talk her into getting a fake tree. Not only does she have to have a real tree, but she has to have the prefect Christmas tree, she will look as long as it takes to find the tree. I love that about my Mom. Growing up part of Christmas was finding the Christmas tree. I remember hiking through snow looking for a tree, because my Mom's favorite kind of tree is a blue spruce. I loved being a part of finding the prefect tree for my Mom. We always had hot chocolate and donuts in the truck as part of the experience.  Her standard now days for a tree has gone down, she settles for a pinion tree, but still gets a beautiful tree every year. This year I wanted to start the tradition of hunting for a Christmas tree with our family. The day after Thanksgiving my whole family went hunting for Christmas trees together. It was so much fun. The boys got to ride in the back of Grandpa's truck with their cousins, while uncle Kory and Nick threw snow balls at them. They loved it! I love the tree we found. It is beautiful! Can't wait to go again next year. 
 This picture pretty much sums up how Trevor felt about getting a real tree. But he eventually came around to the idea of having a real tree. I love that Korbin is smiling so big! 







No comments:

Post a Comment