When I was a little girl my parents took our family to the Bountiful Temple open house. I can still remember how memorized I was by how beautiful the Temple was. I was in awe with the beautiful chandeliers and the gold detail through out the Temple. After that experience anytime I would wake up from having a bad dream my Mom would tell me to think about the Temple and what it looked like inside. Thinking about the Temple always comforted me and helped me to go back to sleep, even up until I was in high school I would think about my experience in the Temple and the spirit I felt there. I knew it was were I wanted to be. Because of my experience with a Temple open house when I was little, I want to take advantage of anytime my boys can go in a Temple, so that maybe it will plant the desire to go to the Temple and continue to grow as they get older.
I wanted to take the boys to the Ogden Temple open house, but I didn't want to go alone, so I asked my friend April and her little boy Shandon to come with us. One of my favorite things about the Temple was all of the beautiful paintings, there was so many of them. My favorite painting was of a boy about 12 years old and the Savior had his arm around him, they were looking at each other and both of them were smiling. Any painting I see of the Savoir and a boy tugs at my heart strings. The boys were amazed by all the pretty chandeliers, when we walked through the Celestial room Korbin leaned his head back a far as he could to stair at the beautiful ceiling and chandeliers. When we got out of the Temple the boys were entertained by the fountains around the Temple grounds.
We than headed to the Dinosaur Park, it was like 5 minutes away from the Temple. It was a really cool place where they had life size dinosaurs, the boys got a little scared sometimes, because of how big and real the dinosaurs looked. It was a big park and we didn't have time to see the whole park, I would like to take the boys back sometime so we can experience the whole park. They had a fun digging area, "secret" trails, caves, a pound area to feed ducks, and a fun dinosaur play ground. It was a fun trip I am glad we went.
No comments:
Post a Comment