Trevor, Heidi, Kellen, Karson, & Korbin

Trevor, Heidi, Kellen, Karson, & Korbin

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Scow Family Reunion

This year for the reunion we stayed at a cabin that is on private land up above Heber. When we were driving up to the cabin Thursday night we saw some big bucks and a moose that were right next to the road and they could careless we were there. I guess they knew they were safe on private property. It was pretty neat to see them up close. The cabin we stayed in was nice, there was plenty of room for our big family. Friday when we were heading to Deer Creek to go boating we saw a moose and her baby laying down next to the road, I was glad I had my camera. The lake was fun, the kids had fun playing on the beach and going tubing on the boat with their Mom. Trev tried to ski, but had a hard time getting up. We also had a water balloon fight with all the kids, it kept them busy while they were waiting for their turn to go on the boat. On our way back to the cabin we stopped at Wal-Mart to get Korbin a new pair of shoes, because we had him wear his only pair of shoe to walk in the water on the rocky beach. I stayed out in the car with Korbin while Trev ran in, when he got back he said "You will never guess who I just saw in Wal-Mart." He saw President Dieter F. Uchtdorf and his wife! I had to go in and see for myself, my sister Tiffany was at Wal-Mart too I had her come with me. I was planning on talking to him, but when we finally saw him he was walking out of the gardening section when we were walking in. It happen so fast I just said "Hi" and staired at him while he walked by and said "Hi" and looked at us as he walked by. I choked....When I had the chance to shake the hand of a living apostle. Let's just say I have a lot of should've, could've, would've, thoughts going through my head all the time since that moment. He out of all the leaders of the church is my favorite when it comes to giving talks and I saw him in person. Saturday we spent the day at the cabin. The kids wore shirts that my Mom had got them that said "I love my family." Kellen and Karson had fun playing with their cousins around the cabin. I talked all the women in the family to go on a run/walk. My idea was that my Dad would drive us down the road from the cabin 3 miles for those who wanted to walk and than drop off those who wanted to run at 5 miles....well we started driving down the road and I didn't realize how steep of a incline it was we got to 1.9 miles and decided we would all get out and go from there....steepest hill I have ever ran up...my lungs were on fire the minute we started, but we all made it back alive. After that Trev made everyone BBQ turkey and ranch potatoes for lunch, it was yummy. We than had a volleyball tournament. It was so much fun I was laughing so hard I had a headache. That evening Shalee made her amazing peach cobbler and chocolate cherry cobbler. I helped some what so I could learn how she does it, because I want to try and make it someday. It was a good time, I was sad to leave. Grateful to be apart of such a loving good family.







































No comments:

Post a Comment