Trevor, Heidi, Kellen, Karson, & Korbin

Trevor, Heidi, Kellen, Karson, & Korbin

Sunday, July 22, 2018

God is aware



I used this picture for the this post, because I love going walking and enjoying this beautiful world we live in. I can't help, but think of the song I Feel My Savior's Love when I am out walking.

We had a miracle happen in our lives and I felt like it is something I should write down, so that I don't forget how good the Lord has been to me and my family. One day I had went to the Payson Walmart while Kellen was at school and Trevor was at work. I had Klayton, Korbin, and Karson with me and we just happened to be by the toy section and the boys started asking for toys like they always do and I was telling them no like I always do, when I noticed a elderly man who was walking over to us. He talked to the boys for a minute and then reached in his pocket for some money and handed it to me and said "I want you to buy yours boys something they want while you are here today." as he handed me the money I realized he had given me a $100.00, in shock I told him he didn't need to give me the money and that it was way too much. He insisted I take it and said that he had been injured in a war and received money monthly from the government and that he didn't need the money and wanted to give it to me. He than started talking to the boys again. I didn't feel right taking the money from this man and so I said "I really can't take this money, it is too much." He looked at me and said "I came to Walmart to give someone money who needed it and you are that someone." He than handed me another $100.00 and said "this is money is from the Lord take it." At that point I couldn't argue with the man anymore about it and I shed some tears and gave him a hug and said "thank you." I then asked his wife who was standing close by if this was ok with her and she said "yes, he does things like this all the time." I continued shopping feeling guilty for taking the money thinking about all the other people in Walmart that could use this money more than I could. On my drive home from Walmart I called Trevor and told him what had happened and he was silent the whole time I was tell him the story. I was thinking he was mad at me for taking the money and so I said "The man said it was from the Lord, so how could I not take it." Trevor than said "Yeah I believe it was from the Lord." Trevor than told me that morning he was having a hard time paying our tithing, because we could use the money, but he did pay our tithing. $200.00 the exact amount that the man had given me. We were both speechless. It is a testimony builder to both of us that tithing is a way for us to show our faith and trust in God. God doesn't need our money, but we need to show God that we are willing to give up things of the world to follow him. Knowing that Gods loves us and is trying to lead and guide us to a happier life and the only way he can to that is if we are willing to make the sacrifices to follow Him. Life was not meant to be easy. We were put on this earth to learn and to grow and try to become our best selves through our Savior Jesus Christ. Only through our Savior Jesus Christ can we over come the trails and difficulties that we face. I know I need my Savior and I also know there is a lot of things I could do better to come closer to my Savior. Sometimes I get frustrated with myself, because I give in to my weaknesses and focus on my short comings and I feel so far from the person I want to be. But I know if I keep trying and keep praying I have not failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment